Buying a Home
Buying a home is a big decision. For many of us, it’s quite possibly the largest investment we will ever make in our lives, which makes it an important one. That is why it’s a good idea to get professional assistance when buying a home. That’s where I come in.
The buying side of a transaction has many difficult and time-sensitive tasks that need to be completed correctly for the transaction to go through. Along with these tasks come contracts and forms to fill out that are all very necessary to complete the transaction of buying a home. The contracts and forms save the buyer (and seller) money, liability, and time. It is very important to understand what limitations you may have and what opportunities you may have within your buying transaction. Since every transaction and scenario is different it’s again important to have professional guidance to make sure you’re aware of all of your options. Again, this is where I come in. I can make sure you understand the different time frames, opportunities, and help explain and difficulties that might arise during the process of buying a home. Let’s take a small walk down a very simple example of a home purchase.
- Get pre-qualified with a mortgage broker to see how much you can afford to spend.
- Get a pre-qualification letter from that lender to include within the offer later.
- Start the home search within your price range.
- Once you find the perfect home, we discuss it and start to write an offer
- Review the offer and submit it.
- They will either: accept, counter, or ignore the offer.
- If they counter, we will discuss the new offer.
- If they accept (whether the original or one of the possible counters) we begin escrow.
- Notify your lender by sending the executed contract.
- Within a set amount of days we can do inspections (highly recommended).
- You will acknowledge several disclosure statements and reports.
- If you are still comfortable with the home after inspecting it and the time is right, we will release contingencies to move forward with the escrow. If repairs or credit should be given, we will ask for them before releasing contingencies.
- The loan is processed over the next couple of weeks.
- You will need to sign documents for the loan (Docs) with a notary.
- They fund, escrow closes, and I can hand you the keys… Keep in mind while all of this is going on, you’ll be busy getting things packed and moved. I have a checklist to help you on your way.
Keep in mind this is a very simplified version of buying a home. When we work together to purchase your home, I will explain these steps and processes as we go along in greater detail. You will never feel “left out” or “in the dark” during a transaction when you work with me. Communication is one of my strong points and I utilize it to make sure my clients receive the best service!
If you have questions about buying a home, have a home you found on the MLS that you’d like to go see, or just have a few comments, please contact me either via email, the online form, or by my mobile phone at (805) 813-3300. I am ready to professionally assist you in purchasing your next home.
~Dedree Hoyt, REALTOR